View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Although we love our fully enclosed bathroom and many many folks have agreed with us that it is the only way to go.
Having said that I doubt very seriously that Montana or any other manufacturer with change all floor plans to fully enclosed.
Quote:
quote:D & M....I also agree with Glenn, who by the way disagreed with me several years ago when I vented about the small "water closet" & open bathroom design. If the hubby or myself had sat down on the throne before we bought the Montana, we would have NOT bought it and probably would have ended up with some other brand.
Don't recall the situation but when we had no other choice I saw nothing wrong with the old split set up. The size of Water Closest was one of the reasons I bought the Montana. Being over 300# and 6' tall was a problem when we were looking for a 5er. We looked at the Cougar, Sand Piper and a few others. In most every case when I sat in the WC my shoulders were tight against the walls. When I sat in the Montana I had inches of room on both sides. Nothing Earth shattering but a whole lot better than many other SOBs. I had sufficient leg room after I added a riser. Would I ever go back to that layout??? Not on my life.

BTW--Strictly a passing thought on Aram's side but he mentioned possibly looking into having the bath and bedroom as one slide. Sounds very intriguing to say the least. Only problem I could see with that idea is accessing the basement. The basement doors would have to be under the slide making it a bit more difficult getting to the convenience center but it just might be worth it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote