View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
As for Canada, as was mentioned you may be there before the frost heaves appear. When I went, they have little orange flags on the roadside for them. First one was no big deal but I went 25 mph. So next one I only slowed to 40 mph. Big mistake. When we got to the AK border, we had 5 cabinet doors open!!!
I had no issues with fuel, but I have a 36 ga. tank and get 10-11 mpg. So I just shoot for 250 miles a day and fill up in town in pm or am.
Whitehorse best park is Pioneer in my opinion. They also have own fuel station. Have stayed at Toad River twice in Toad River BC. Not great but when planning on 250 miles per day, finding stops at those intervals gets tricky. I have not run in to the dreaded killer mosquitos much. One stop for lunch along a river and we packed up and ate in the truck tho. Fairbanks has a rather expensive, but good, buffet in the park downtown. They have a meat and about 4 kinds of salmon. Try it for a little splurge. (We used it to figure out which salmon we like best - but now don't remember!!! ha ha) Have fun. Oh, I sort of wonder about parks being open if you get into norther Canada before June. Didn't mention I always book several days to a week in advance. That way I always have a home at night.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote