View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #28
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Dick, if you are wondering what the difference may be if you remove the flap, it is major. Mho, it just about doubles the cfm output when the fan is running on high. Most appliances similar to this are not designed to operate this way(restricted). And the worry about if the plastic flap could go missing and there is no internal metal flap, bugs will still be able to enter behind the micro, just not through the blower assembly. The plastic exterior flap needs to be part of this and always be there and operating. I am amazed they would give you an answer like that when it is so obvious it is a poor design and they used the wrong cover. If a different exterior vent cover without a center support had been used, this would be a non issue. My last trailer was that way and worked perfect. Someone there (at Keystone) truly does not know what they are talking about. Ozz is in the business and he knows. As a former builder responsible for thousands of living units, I know. My respect level for Keystone just dropped.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote