View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Sorry I've been a BIT quiet...as Tammy said earlier in this thread, while this is all very exciting it is also time consuming and tiring!

I THINK we've tested everything in the unit. Gave the gang here at Lazy Days our "punch list" with a couple of immediate items already having been addressed. (Refrigerator only worked in gas mode...turns out they foam insulated over the receptical/plug so with a little judicious chipping, the two pieces were freed from their prison and the proper connection made; battery cable was not properly fixed and made for possible short; and some wires were flopping around at the end of the electric awning's armature (sp). I emailed the PDI checklist with my notes to "our" service representative and he came by and we went over it so he could translate my observations into "techno speak." As he is scheduled to be off tomorrow and Saturday, his substitute, John stopped by while we were going over the list and introduced himself. So tomorrow the work to tweak and tune this puppy starts!

Today we had our "driving lessons" Doug just got a familiarization as he is used to towing and driving big stuff and I got the driving in the camp ground, driving on I-4 in traffic at speed, and then parking the rig. "S" curves, "push," "pull," let the truck do the work, etc. will be dancing in my head for days! BUT once I practice over and over and over I might actually get proficient in parking somewhere in the vicinity of an assigned camping site! Our instructor, Bobby Nolan, has the patience of a saint! He was so helpful and didn't make me feel like a total nudnik. Highway driving didn't bother me at all (in the Class A I was a nervous wreck within minutes and so stressed at the end of driving even for 15 minutes I was tied up in knots for hours), but I know I will have some serious learning withr regard to moving from lane to lane when traveling the highways. Suggestion for using parking lots for practice is that you use two parking spots, eliminating the middle line and using the two outer lines as the parking site.

Am REALLY glad I had the opportunity to practice (we used a Lazy Days 5th wheel vice our unit (and we even had it all "buttoned up" and ready to go!), but the issue was more about technique and practice rather than having to use our unit to be successful.

Piccola and Lupo have staked out their "digs" as the back of the sofa. They perch up there like little mountain goats and watch the world go by and bark as they deem appropriate. I have draped a blanket over it to protect it for now, but I hope to get information about getting matching upholstery fabric so I can make a removable cover that doesn't standout. I'll let you know how successful I am at achieving that goal after I go to customer service tomorrow.

King size bed is workable for us though space to maneuver around the closet is a bit tight. The mattress and I are not friends (its like sleeping on a slab of marble to me, but Doug likes it). I have purchased a memory foam topper from CW (couldn't wait) to test out, but it took over 24 hours just to get it to completely decompressed. Tonight is test run night. Last night I slept on the sleeper couch to ensure it worked properly...must have as I actually slept AND it was still inflated when I woke up! (Like I said, I think we've tested out everything.)

I'll jot down some of our immediate observations/impressions about the unit in a separate thread, but overall we're both pretty satisfied/impressed by what we've observed/experienced thus far.

Thanks for all the kind words and information. Will keep you posted!

Robin

OBTW I still think that PDI Checklist is the "bomb"!
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote