Thread: Washer & Dryer
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 AM   #60
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I've been a cheerleader for the Splendide combo units, but the more I use mine, the more I wonder if down the road, I wouldn't like a stackable unit because of the combo-dryer situation. After sreigle brought up apartment-sized units, I know I'll do some investigating before we hit the road as full-timers. I think the Splendide washes as good as my beloved stick-house Maytag, although the loads in the Splendide are a lot smaller. But the drying situation is beginning to get to me. If I don't pull out and hang up everything when it's pretty damp, it's nearly impossible to get out the wrinkles that the tiny Splendide tub creates during the drying cycle. I don't care if my sheets and towels are wrinkled, but I do care if the other things look like we're doing the "College Dorm Life, Part II" thing. I've followed the hints about folding jeans before putting them in the washer, folding sheets, etc.--but the end result is still either wrinkled but dry laundry, or fairly unwrinkled but damp strung-all-over-the-place-laundry for hours.

I'm still a Splendide-combo fan, but I'm not a full-timer yet. Steve, I'm glad you brought up the apartment-size units. I didn't realize such animals existed.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote