View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #50
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 3pac

To put a stacking washer and dryer in an RV is a wasted use of valuable space."
It sounds like this Sandy thinks she has it all figured out and her way is best for everyone. I can guarantee you she doesn't speak for us.

I think the decision whether to go stack or combo is purely a personal one. Each person has to assess their priorities and make their own decision.

Everything is a tradeoff. You can have that additional storage space or you can complete your laundry more quickly. For those weekending and vacationing it's probably not as big an issue as it is for longtimers and fulltimers.

For us, doing a week's laundry 52 times per year, giving up a little storage space to gain the speed is a no brainer. For us, I said.

A major factor in our selection of this model Montana and our prior model Montana was that we have sufficient storage, inside and out, to carry everything we want AND have room for a stack washer and dryer. And we succeeded in both. And I can say we do carry everything we want. Our 14,620 lb weight attests to that. And we have our stack.

So, I think this Sandy's writings should be taken as input from one person who "has been there." And her thoughts should be considered along with others' opinions and one's own preferences in making this decision.

I guess we're all entitled to our opinons and there is no right or wrong answer that fits everyone.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote