View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 AM   #36
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well I don't mind a label. We are "FULL TIMERS" and have been since Oct 18, 2003. We purchased our first RV, an 04 2955RL, in September of 03 and less than a month later we were "Full Timers". This past summer we traveled across the US. Put well over 10,000 miles on the Monty and, for the most part, really enjoyed it. Over the past 4 years, we went places and saw sites we never would have seen had it not been for our lifestyle. We do spend 6 to 7 months in Florida each winter but we are still in our Monty and still "FULL TIMING IT" and still doing the site seeing thing.
Quite often we are asked "where is your home". More often than not they give you a strange look when we say "Right here in whatever RV park we happen to be in". For us "Home is where you park it" works for us 150% and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Also by not being property owners we don't pay property taxes and school taxes. We also don't worry about the stick house up keep such as painting, paper hanging, etc. We haven't cut grass, trimmed the hedge, racked leaves, shoveled snow, pulled weeds, etc in the past 4 years. We also don't worry about the stick house while we are on the road.
To Lorraine and I it just doesn't get any better.
Speaking of labels, they also tag us with labels such as "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" and so on. Well than "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" is what we will be and loving every minute of it. This is what I love about the U. S. of A. We can pick and choose how and where we want to live and to he&$ with anyone who doesn't agree.
Now I am not naive enough to think that everyone can or will become Full Timers but this is their option and if Long Timing, Short Timing, Weekender, whatever is their bag than so be it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote