View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Actually, a3/4 ton and a 1 ton are the same basic truck in most cases except the 1 ton has additional leaf springs and normally a heavier duty breaking system. A one ton is classified as commercial to the dealers and to the manufacturer and that is why they do not come with the tire monitoring system on them. I tow with a SRW one ton and have had no problems what so ever. Some swear by the dually and granted they my give you a smoother ride but since I'm from the farm and used to riding a tractor over bumps and etc across fields I'm used to the "not so smooth" ride. Keeps me awake too. LOL I don't recommend any specific brand of truck because that is an individuals personal choice. Go to all of them ( Dodge, Ford, Chevy, and GMC) and test drive them all. See which one you feel most comfortable in and which you could feel that way driving down the road for an 8-10 stretch and still feel good. Once you've driven them all, go back and drive them again and see if your gut feelings are still there for that model. If it is, that's the one to buy. If it were me, I'd go with the 1 ton over the 3/4 ton because you can always be in good shape with something over your needs but you can't just jump up and receive power when you need it or braking time when you need it. OK, now I've said my piece and I'll get off my soapbox but go for the one you feel is safe and has the power you will need both in pulling and stopping. Good luck and let us know what you decide on. By the way, that 3810 is a nice unit you've got there. Enjoy it!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote