View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
We have a PullRite Superglide, and I wouldn't have it any other way with a short box pickup. I have a situation in my driveway in which I have to turn tight enough going forward that I think I would hit every time without a slider. I've never had a manual slider, but I don't think that I would like that. It lures you into thinking that you're OK, and then "WHAM" when you don't manually slide that-one-time. If I had a manual, and my driveway situation, I would have to get out of the truck every time to move it, and that would get old quick.

Auto sliders are really really cheap insurance if you have a shortbox...

I went thru the manual slider before the Andersen , and only had to use it to back into my driveway, although it clears without having to move it back, it seemed to maneuver a bit better slid back. With the andersen there is no issue backing in. But will repeat it makes no difference, and Auto slider or not you can hit your cab. There is no insurance except paying attention.

I have made many a hard turns, backing, etc, and I have always used a spotter ,had my wife or whomever, or payed close attention to what I was doing. Its worked well now for 14 years towing a fifth wheel, and will continue that way
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote