View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #52
Roadrunner

M.O.C. #19449
Towing with F250

I have a 2017 Montana 3160RL. The specs show the shipping weight at 11935, and GVW 16,000 lbs. I have the auto leveling auto jacks and love it. No problems. I would never go back to self leveling.
When I first purchased the trailer, I towed it with a 2011 Ford, F250, short bed Gross towing weight 15700 lbs. All my research indicated the F250 would pull it okay. The first time I towed with the F250, it did not feel right to me. I was getting more sway than I was used to. The real clincher for me though, was the truck towing capacity was 300 lbs below the max weight of the trailer loaded I asked for opinions on this sight and most everyone agreed the truck could handle the weight. One individual made a comment that convinced me to reconsider. He said the only other thing to consider is if I was involved in an accident, all the law enforcement and lawyers would look at was what the tow vehicle and trailer specs indicated towing capacity was. If the truck was rated lower than the trailer, that could be a problem in a law suit. I didn't chance it. I sold my F250 and purchased a 2017 F350 long bed. I am very happy with the larger capacity truck and the long bed. Much easier to hook up and unhook. I hope this helps.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote