View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #10
sneururer
Established Member

M.O.C. #3724
I do not have a laptop, but I recently purchased a Lowrance iway 500c GPS unit. It works very well and I like its portability and large color screen. The other nice part about the Lowrance iway, is the built in MP3 player which you can play through your vehicle's stereo system. It will hold approximately 5000 songs which you download from your computer. The Lowrance GPS is extremely accurate and comes pre-loaded with nation wide maps so there is nothing to download. There are also 2,000,000 points of interests pre-loaded on the Lowrance which include campgrounds, restaurants, gas stations, hotels, stores, etc. You can also load 1,000 of your own addresses or destinations. The Lowrance's safety feature, which prevents the map interface to be accessed while the vehicle is in motion, can be overridden so that the maps and routing functions are operational while in motion. If you are using the MP3 player, the voice prompts override the music and are heard through the vehicle's stereo system. I am very impressed with this unit.

Steve
sneururer is offline   Reply With Quote