View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:13 AM   #8
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We've been longtiming/fulltiming for the last 8 years for my wife's job as a Travel Nurse RN and can't see doing anything else until she retires in 5 years. I'm retired on SS Disability. The main problem we had at first was realizing we don't have near as much storage here as home. Every time we would go home for a visit we would unload something else we discovered we didn't need so now our house back home is more of a storage place than a home. Carol also had a heck of a time realizing that we just didn't have the wall space for nick knacks to hang.

I'd say the first few years will be a learning process and just be patient as you'll make mistakes and realize you can do with a lot less than you are used to having with you. I can't believe how many tools I used to carry. I used to carry the top of my Snap-On tool cabinet with us and just this last year down sized to a smaller tool box and still have enough tools to overhaul a motor. I got rid of about 500lbs of tools I was carrying for just in case. My next project will be to down size my power tool collection.

We also found that milk crates are our friend for storing things in the basement. You can see into the sides of them and if you have to take 2 or 3 three out to find something it makes it real easy to put stuff back inside. We've learned a bunch in 8 years so don't hesitate to ask questions especially from the good folk on this forum. We feel they are some of the smartest folks on the planet.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote