View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

I bought a REESE universal 70" (used on motor homes), 2" receiver and had it installed by an RV center. They did move the real stabilizer legs forward about 8" so the hitch mounts would be fully on the "I" beam. I did have to add an 18" extension so my receiver for the bike rack was even with the back of the cap.
The most common DIY hitch add-on is the Hidden Hitch 82201 (advertised as a motor home hitch adjustable up to 72"). Many of us have added it to our Montana's. It is likely the same hitch that John installed since there is really only one manufacturer of hitches anymore.

You likely will have to move the rear stabilizers a touch (they are only held on with 1/4" X 20 bolts) and get an extension (the end of the frame is a long way from the end cap). Many of us welded the extension to eliminate vibration and rattles (along with general looseness).

I suspect if you "Search" on "hidden hitch 82201" you will find several earlier discussions about hitches with pictures.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote