Thread: Satellite Dish
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Since your using Direct-Tv I would get a Traveler by winguard roof mount, can be installed by Camping World. We have used a Tri-Pod mount since we went to Sattelite system and have had HDTV since it came out and have had it in the 5th wheel also. We have 4 HDTV receivers, you can save some money by taking your receivers but we prefer not to do that.

Out Traveler roof mount (factory option) take minutes to lock onto the Sattelite by pushing one button. If you like RVing under trees the roof mount can be a problem. Tree's in my opinion is nothing but problems so we try very hard not to use RV parks that has lots of Trees. We are RVer's not campers, we only use parks that has 50 amp and full hook ups.

I do take the Tri-Pod system in case something happens to the roof mount. It takes about 15 minutes to do the set up. The biggest problem most have is they don't get the Tri-Pod level. If your going to use a Tri-Pod, buy a good Tri-Pod with adjustable legs. Once your Tri-Pod is level, then mount the dish and if you have a clear view of the Southern sky, it take minutes to lock onto the Sattelite's. I have a Birdog system like the Dish installers use but very seldom use it. Good Luck with your choice. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote