View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 AM   #14
tmarshall
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6027
I own 2004 3670RL and my A/C breaker switches off fairly frequently (once a week). The only time it really switches off though is when I mess with the speed of the cieling fan while the A/C is running. Usually when I turn the cieling fan to low or off setting my A/C breaker switches off. I'm not sure if it is my breaker box. A couple of weeks ago I noticed corrsion under my battery box on the metal pan. I checked it out and the battery was wet. The batter did not smell and was not hot so I'm not sure if it was "cooking". I'm thinking the converter is not turning off the battery charger and is slowly cooking the battery. The power converter is the same piece of equipment as the breaker box so it may be a faulty system (God I hope not) I have disconnected the red teminal of the battery now and cleaned everything with baking soda and water. I would recommend checking your battery for corrosion as well since you are having the same breaker problems as myself.

Also as far as the A/C freezing up. Mine has been freezing up, but it is due to the fact that the A/C runs continuously at any one time. A couple solutions to this are... run you fan on high for this will cool your house quicker and will allow the A/C to shut off sooner allowing any ice that has accumulated to thaw out before it turns on again. Another solution is to set the thermostat slightly higher so the A/C is not fighting the outside temperature as much and will spend more time off and thawing out then on and frezzing. You have to let those coils warm back up between cycles otherwise it will be a snowball offect (no pun intended of ice build up.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote