View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #36
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Rich,

The question remains: Why are so many of us having to have the black tank replaced? As long as the extended warranty insurance companies pay for it then does it become a non-issue? I know you don't believe that.

Have any other MOC members been able to find out if the replacement black tank has been redesigned, mounted/supported differently, different from the originals or strengthened to avoid similar failures in the future? I asked those questions and got completely stonewalled. I was hoping for some assurances that I won't be facing these same issues again in the near future. I think those are reasonable questions. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully other MOC members who have had the black tank replaced were able to find out additional information that I was unsuccessful at. Please share that info if possible.

PS: I ended up in a no-win situation of pressing to get the answers, not getting them, resulting in not having a usable RV indefinitely or just get the black tank replaced and hope for the best. I guess I haven't heard of other MOC members that have had their black tank replaced more than once. That is encouraging and may be indicative. We plan to pick up our RV next Wednesday and camp out a few days near the dealer to check things out a bit. I don't even want to think about further problems with the black tank. I might end up in jail! :-)
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote