View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #30
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
An update regarding the parts needed on the Apollo 1/2 time oven. As expected I never received the call from the supervisor at Midwest Sales that was promised. So... Sunday I decided to try contacting them via email. I sent an email to:

Tammi Held

theld@midwestsales.org

At Midwest Sales (Apollo Distributer) and explained the whole situation again and asked why I needed to buy the turntable motor in addition to the plastic turntable drive. Their response made sense to me. They said that quite often the shaft breaks on the motor. I explained that it appeared to me that ours had broken off even with the end of the shaft. I'm working from memory because I can't go look at it right now because the RV is at a dealer 3 hours away.

There response was now very professional: They are sending me a new plastic drive that I can install myself - "Free of Charge" tomorrow. I can order a new motor later if it turns out the shaft is broken off. But... I haven't yet found out if I can get the remaining plastic part off from inside the oven chamber or if I need to disassemble the oven to get to it. I asked them again what is the best way to get this off and they haven't responded yet but I suspect I'll be able to figure that procedure out myself when I can see, touch and feel the Apollo oven again.

Now this response from Midwest Sales is 180 degrees different than when I called in last week. I don't know why. Hopefully, I will have the part before we go to pick up the RV next week. If this works out as hoped, I'm going to be very upset with the dealer who told me parts were not available and I needed to buy a replacement oven. It is these kinds of situations that makes me so distrustful of those associated with the RV industry. Hopefully, there is a valid reason the dealer gave me the incorrect information.

PS: the whole address for Tami Held is:

Tammi Held
Midwest Sales & Service
Warranty Logistics Manager
(574) 472-4283
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote