View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Neil,
One more comment. When I'm hooked up here in the driveway of the stick house I run the LR air conditioner on one 12 AWG into a 20 Amp house circuit breaker. I run the refrigerator on that same circuit and I can watch television. On occasion I trip the breaker when I turn on something in the house on the same circuit. We have to move the coffee pot in the stick house to another breaker because it will definitely trip when the heater to the pot comes on.

With all that being said, and previous posts on electrical management, you should do fine on 30 AMP. Worse case scenario is you have to step outside to reset the breaker and then try to figure what tripped it and turn that item off. I'd wait until bedtime until turning on the second AC. It is a little cooler at that time of the evening. THE biggest problem you may have is if both AC compressors kick on at the same time.

As previously posted in another thread, you could try putting a fan in or near the doorway to the BR and circulate the cooler LR air.

Good luck. Give it a try - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote