View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #31
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
I'll throw my hat into the one ton long bed ring. I have a 2010, F350 CC with the 8 foot bed, pulling a 2007, 3400 RL, Montana with a max weight of 15,000 lbs. The truck has the V10 engine and is a single rear wheel. It handles it just fine until you come to a very steep hill and then bogs down to between 40-45 MPH. It works for me as I only pull twice a year to and from a seasonal site 3 1/2 hours away here in Maine.
If you are going to tow in mountainous areas on a regular basis, I strongly suggest a diesel. As far as the 3/4 vs 1 ton, my advice is to go with the one ton. Bigger brakes, bigger axels, larger radiators and better suspension systems for not a lot more than the 3/4 ton. If you get the camper rated truck it most likely come with a radiator and oil cooler which help a lot in hilly terrain. The longer 8' bed will allow you to store more items whether towing or just hauling items around town. Out side of the steep hills, I barely know it is behind me going down the road and when it is time to stop, the larger brakes are a blessing, not even considering the trailer brakes.

Good luck in your decision.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote