View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
I have made that very trip. I live in Livermore and went the upper route across Washington Montana North Dakota south through Minnesota to Fort Dodge Iowa where I was borne. Then up to Michigan to the Mackinaw Island over to Niagara Falls to Vermont and New Hampshire. Over to Portland Maine than Boston down to New York. back through Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas,

You get the idea. Lots to see along the way. Not much till you get past Iowa although If you go 80 than anything past salt lake city is wonderful. There are some National parks to visit. Wyoming is boring and Nebraska isn't much better. A lot of rolling hill along 80 through that part of the country. They even go all the way to Des Moines Iowa. After that it flattens out a little. If you go to New York you will have to stay in New Jersey and it's not the best place but the only place at $100 a night 2 years ago. it is however worth it to be there. Visit the 911 museum Statue of Liberty and the 1 world trade Centre. You have to go to the top you won't regret it. I also went up the Empire State building to the very top. We also got some New York pizza LOL.

We did Washington DC. Stayed at the Cherry Hill RV park. They have a bus tour to DC So much to see there may take 4 days. We only stayed 3 days and not enough time.

When you get to New Hampshire stock up on Marple syrup. I missed the harvest because I was a week to late and that happens before the trees start to turn.

My wife looked up all the stuff on WWW.tripadviser.com. I drove about 300 miles a day give or take. Our last trip like this took 3 months and I was always on the move. Spent 2 full days at most places some just over night.

The country is so full of stuff to see that i cant even remember them all.

Planing is everything and takes a couple days to get it right. Take a camera and take photos. I have over 3,000 photos for the 2 trips we made coast to coast.

Almost forgot Nashville is something to see. Johnny Cash museum doesn't look like much from outside but is amazing so don't miss out. Grand Ol Opry is also something to see. We took a walking tour and that was cool to do.
Kentucky don't miss the Corvette Museum in Bolling Green I am not a Chevy fan but who would not like to own a Corvette? LOL
We have been to 55 cities on our trips across this great land.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote