View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This happened to me too, going up crooked and the end caps getting knocked off. I have since learned that they are installed and adjusted tighter than normal so they do not fall during transport. But I wish the dealers would readjust them to normal before us customers pick up the unit.

I was able to get them back together again. The one where the cord broke I was able to get a replacement kit and fix it. Since then I have readjusted ALL of them so they are not as tight. It was laborious, and time-consuming because I could not get to all the adjustments easily. Now that I mention this I don't think I finished the ones in the bedroom because the bed and some window framing was in the way. But now they go up much easier, and mostly straight, but it took a long time to get them just right.

To adjust them you must be able to get to the spool at the bottom corners of the shade. Then with a square bit screwdriver you loosen the screw just a bit and rotate the spool to loosen or tighten. This can be tricky because some cords may not have any play. It is difficult to describe how much to tighten them but they should only be loose enough so that they do not drop by themselves and NO TIGHTER.

Pathfinder, in your case you might have to take the valance apart to get to the shade and fix it. It can be difficult finding the screws that hold everything in place and allow plenty of time.

I hope this helps.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote