Thread: Ouch!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #21
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Ford does have a 100K extended warranty (ESP) plan but it reads like you still have to purchase one before your truck has 36K miles on it.You can buy them at a discounted rate..Do some googleing.
Maybe we're not on the same page here Rich. Look at the warranty in your Ford owners manual. You probably have a 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, plus a 100,000 mile warranty on the diesel engine. This is the factory warranty, no extra cost to the consumer. Seems my GM engine warranty has a $100 deductible. I would think you are probably correct on the ESP having to be purchased before the factory warranty of 36K miles expires. I know on the GM Protection Plan it has a similar requirement. One of the things I hate about those plans; they penalize you for waiting to purchase the extended warranty, and then it runs concurrent with the factory warranty. If I were going to buy one, it would have to be either GM, Ford, Dodge, or whomever that sponsored the plan. IIRC, one of the GM plans that goes for around 2 grand actually cost the dealer around 600 bucks. That has been a few years, so it may be more now.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote