View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #23
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
The anti-siphon valve is not there for a vacuum breaker. It's there to prevent waste from getting into your fresh water supply. When mine leaked, I called my dealer who had me run the backflush and then turn the water off. About a minute or 2 later the water started dripping from the bell at the top of the anti-siphon valve. He had me disconnect the hose and release the water. The drip quit. He had me hook it up again and run the backflush. No drip while the backflush was running. Turned off the water and immediately disconnected the hose - no drips. I asked the dealer why it dripped and he said as I turned the water off, the anti-siphon valve started to close and while it was partly open the water went around the side of the valve and out the top. I tried to argue that it was leaking then. He said no it was designed that way. I asked why. He said when the valve is closed and if the black tank filled up under pressure like from a reverse flo valve, waste would travel all the way to the convenience center connection and if a hose was connected to the backflush then into the hose and possibly all the way to the faucet. I asked where the waste was going to go when the water is off and the valve is closed? He said out the top of the valve as it is designed. I said "Into my bathroom and garage"? He said "Yup, better there than in the water supply". I don't want e coli in my drinking water.
Attached Images

whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote