View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
This thread is over a year old. Not trying to rehash what was said above. I was actually searching for trailer brakes and assemblies.
On my dually F350 I ended up replacing a rotor almost every year. They were phonolic pistons on the caliper pistons. I tired autozone, napa, vip and internet.
For some reason there was always a problem with the seals and piston incompatibility.
I've priced the seal kit from rock auto and they were cheap.
I had ordered slotted and dimpled rotors as well as just slotted rotors from brake.com on the internet. I also ordered brake calipers from amazon.com

I could not find any difference in any of them from the local auto part stores.

When I traded in the truck. I had a beef with auto zone. I had 2 sets of front pads and 2 sets of rear pads to turn in. They were gold pads with a life time warranty. I could only find receipts for 3 sets found in the back of the garage.
In time of panic you forget what you actually own. Anyway I did end up getting credit for the one set I did not have a receipt for.
All the calipers were re manufactured were crap. I had a front wheel bearing failure. ABS sensor dash sensor was on. Looked on the web and stories were the bearing was failing. Break down on the highway going to work. Limped it to a friend of a friends shop. Still cost almost a grand. But he put on a ford factory caliper. Yes stamped with the ford name and logo. But that didn't last more than 2 years.

Maybe it was a long term defect in the production line of calipers. But buyer be ware.