View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #18
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Like simonsrf, we, too, use the Sewer Solution.

My solution to the hose entanglement was as follows:

Heavy duty Y at the faucet. This Y has the brass quick-connect fittings on each end. The 5/8" white drinking hose has the same fittings on it as does the inlet to the fresh water on the 5er.

The gray hose also has a brass fitting on both ends. Then, I have another plastic Y that has a brass fitting on the inlet and the plastic type quick-connects like come on the Sewer Solution on the outlets. The corresponding plastic fitting is attached to the black flush inlet on the 5er and also on a regular green garden hose. The plastic Y attaches easily to the fitting on the black flush, and the garden hose attaches to the SS. BTW, the plastic Y has shutoffs.

With these shutoffs, I am able to regulate the amount of water going into the black flush so that I don't overfill with fresh water.

With a white hose, gray hose and green hose, along with how I have the fittings, no one can connect the hoses incorrectly, thus helping to preserve the integrity of our drinking water. I did it this way in case I am unable to set up due to an injury and my DW needs to do it. With a little encouragement from me, she can hook up each hose properly - they cannot be hooked up wrong!

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote