View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #46
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I can put up with kids in the rv parks,we all raised kids, and maybe we have grandkids so we can put up with that . I have a dog, he is a border collie. During the day he is on a small chain and he hangs out under the 5vr except when he wants to bug me to go for a walk ,which is sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. He also likes to run fast which means we use a bike and he most of the time he pulls me down the roads in the campground. At night he is trained to sleep on the back seat of the pickup. A real nice thing about my border collie is that he is trained. He will not become agressive toward humans or other dogs. He will not bark when he passes other dogs,most of the time he will not even look at them.Harley,thats his name likes to watch kids fish in the campground ponds,play ball,watch put put golf. He can sit at attention,and watch for hours.If the other dogs in the parks were trained we would not even hear them. Most of these dogs are what I call lap,yaps,which means when you pass by they are always yapping. Most of the folks that have them think they are talking to a kid when they try to keep them still,you know what I mean.The best way to make them mind is to get a large fly swatter and give them a good swat,they will soon learn to be seen and not heard. I love kids and dogs.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote