View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
Alignment problem

After getting back from Key West I did a thorough inspection of the Mountaineer I discovered a 1/4" inside tire wear on the awning side.(both tires) I returned the unit a week before the one year warranty to the dealer. They called Keystone to have approval to fix it and a rep there said it was normal wear!! After the dealer called me back I told them it was unexceptable. They called again, and again the rep said there was nothing they could do. We have the Dexter axels and all the air pressure was correct. The dealer said it was definetly out of alignment. So now one of the owners of the dealership is getting involved and going to call Keystone. I had a 32ft. Citation TT for almost 2 years and put a lot of miles on it and never had one problem!! nothing!!Never had to bring it in for warranty work. I`ve had this Mountaineer 1yr. and had problems with the bedroom slide, interior mouldings coming loose, a crack under the bedroom slide on the exterior wall, big leak on the entertainment slide, light fixtures above the dining table falling off, exterior moulding around living room dinette slide needed to be replaced, stove ignitor needed to be replaced, now the alignment problem and I don`t remember hitting any big potholes!! The Dealer has been great but I`ll never buy another Keystone product again. When I`ve had enough of this unit I`ll sell her and buy another Citation, but a 5th wheel. I must have gotten the lemon out of the orange barrel!! If the dealer cannot get action I will call the rep personally. The unit has been sitting at the dealers for over 2 weeks now! I hope I get to use it this year hahaha, If I get no satisfaction anyone know of any good alignment places in the Detroit area, and roughly how much I`m looking at to do an alignment. In Canada a friend told me they paid close to $400 to have it done in Windsor Ont. across from Detroit. I`ll take it over to the U.S. side if its a better price, it might be worth it. Thx Mark
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote