View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have wintered in South Texas, Mission Tx, Casa Grande Az, I also lived in Ft Huachuca. I agree the humidity in Az is very low, The Ft Hucahuca had the best humiity. On 1 Jan 2007 we pulled into Casa Granden and on 2 Jan our water shore line frooze.

We have also wintered in Gulf Shores, Anchors Aweigh, and Island Retreat, and Johnny's RV Park. Anchors Aweigh is a great park, Ann and Rodney are great people. Jan and Feb is just to cold for us.

So the next winter we tried Sebring Florida, and its located South of Tampa 80/90 miles. Last Jan and Feb had shorts and Tee's on don't remember the temps but it was warm and used very little propane. We could pay much more and be closer to the water, but the temps were always 5+ degrees colder on the East coast or the West coast directly accross from us. We did try the Keys one winter but the cost was out of our Budget and actually didn't like the Keys.

We are in a very old RV park in Sebring, but the location fits our wants perfect. South Texas (RGV) was great and weather was great, but it was 1,500 miles one way and Casa Grande was 1,775 miles we are about 875 from Sebring. And I agree just to much drug problems just accross the Mexican borded...

I for sure want be near Phoenix Az in the Summer, haven't spent any time in Casa Grande in the summber. Ft Huachuca/Sierra Vista is great in the summer months.

We will continue to go to Colorado area in the Summer months. We have our site in Buena Vist reserved for June thru Sept 2012. Will be in Florida 1 Nov until April 2012... Good luck on your choice. Happy Trails...

P.S Delaine says we may leave the middle of Oct for Florida, I just drive the Truck...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote