View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Any place used to dealing with larger trucks should be able to supply the proper stems.

Ed: That's wierd that one rim had a differnt size hole! Wonder how that happened!?
Tom is right any tire shop dealing with larger truck tires will have lots of the steel stems. My rims were rated for 110 psi and 3750 lbs but they came with pull through stems.

I phoned Tredit Tire and was told the rims at one time were all the same with the smaller hole, new shipments have all been with the enlarged hole. This is the shoulder? hole not the size of the hole for the stem itself. Makes a difference on the way the stem is held in place, on 3 the nuts were on the outside, the "Non Reamed" one has the nuts on the inside and uses 2 nuts, one as a lock nut.

I offered to buy another rim if they would put it in a shipment out to their Oregon plant and I could pick it up there but they would not do that, they would ship directly to me for $40.00. The Oregon facility does not stock the ones for my Montana.

Yupp I got reamed and they were trying to goose me as well.... That would have been my Christmas goose of course, just a little early.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote