View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Welcome tom41. This is the place to get honest answers about Montana's. So you have a diesel pusher, will I had a Class A also but it was a gasser by Fleetwood. We needed more room to the Monty filled the bill for us. One of the questions ask by my GMC dealer was how much was the misses going to be driving the TV shopping - was it going to be the only means of transportation etc. His thinking was it takes some getting use to parking a 1 ton especially a dually at Wal-Mart. I visioned my self trying to park and said lets look at the 3/4's. We would up with the 2500HD with tow package and it has worked just fine pulling the 3400RL. When we at the Montana Rally last month at Goshen, there were several 3/4 tons present. You might want to check how much it squats when trailer attached. Especially if you are looking at a used unit, springs could be a little weak, and you might want to consider Air Bags.
Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of 1 tons single wheel and dual wheels out there and if you are going to full time with lots of weight - you have to give that some consideration. Right now I just week-end and vacation thus my Monty probably is not loaded as heavy as a full timer.
Well this is just my opinion and there will be lots of others along to shed some light on the subject. But that is the beauty part about this Forum - you gain insight from experience - been there- done that people.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote