View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #21
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Rich,
This sounds exactly like what I had last Spring when our black water tank sprung a leak. I merely made an appointment with an RV repair shop in Fresno, CA where we were passing through, to have it fixed under our extended warranty. The technician who did the work was as smelly and dirty as you probably were when he got through, but he never whimpered or said a word, just did his job. Ours was split right at the top on the opposite side from the inlet. The split was about 18" long. Cost the extended warranty company around $900.00 after my deductible.

If I were you, I'd just try to get an appointment. They should find the place where it leaks, not you. I'm sure they've all had to work on as messy a problem.

I tried to research my posting on this but it was done in January 2007 and it appears that the archives only go back one year.

Here's what I posted in a follow-up to my first post:

Shades of what happened to our 2000 Montana back in January. The black water tank split at the edge on top of the tank, causing spillage when the rig was moved with contents inside of it. It didn't need to be full in order to notice the leak. First, the leak appeared to be clear water but the repair shop said that was because the water on top inside the tank was somewhat clear. However, the underbelly membrane had to be removed and scrubbed down and disinfected and then allowed to lay in the sun for a couple days to dry out. My wife and I had noticed we were waking up with headaches every morning and just didn't feel well. Turns out it was the methane gas from the septic tank that was making us sick, along with the continuing odor (though I couldn't smell it, she said she did). Mine was fixed under my extended warranty. Total bill was $954.00. Had them replace/repair all three valves (galley, grey, and black tanks) at the same time. No sense having to go in there again.

My advice, get it fixed as soon as you can. Don't spend any more time in the rig than you absolutely have to.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote