Thread: Fender Skirts
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #21
davemitchell59
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23524
This seems to be quite the issue. 2017 3731FL has the skirts split because of the slide configuration. I noticed the left side flopping wildly in the rear view mirror. We ended up losing part of one half on the left side before I noticed the screws coming loose. I've since removed the entire left side and have a new skirt on order. The right side seems to have been reinforced by the previous owner, but I'll probably be working both sides to reinforce and attempt to keep the flopping to a minimum going down the road.

Apparently Keystone doesn't specify the skirts based on the individual models which leaves the split design flopping in the wind. And, will cause users to have to cut the skirt once it arrives to fit the specific model. Not a good design in my humble opinion. I definitely like the example that browens62 posted of the older design. That seems to make sense.

Would love to hear what others may have done to reinforce the design. I will certainly be looking at bolts and possibly a piece of fiberglass or semi-rigid plastic behind the skirting to stiffen things up.
davemitchell59 is offline   Reply With Quote