View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
As Carol said, WAAHOOO! Bella is home! No problems with towing...Bruto was kinda like, "I have NO idea what you are talking about! Towing, there's nothing back there but a couple of rocks!" Now Doug and Robin KNEW Bella was back there...especially when braking! However, neither of us were in the "OMG" stage. Thise weekend there is a big bikers' event going on in Leesburg, Florida so we saw lots of bikers and, of course, bikes which made for an even more scenic ride than what we already had in store with our drive home being mainly on country highways.

We're currently sitting inside and cooling off a bit (Its been 85 plus degrees today...that's fahreinheit Miss Tammy! LOL) before doing the final leveling exercise. Front to back is pretty dead on, but side to side needs about a "bubble's" worth of of adjustment. Dad and Mom are out to dinner right now (they have 10 acres adjacent to our property) and when they return we'll exploit Dad's leveling expertise to get Bella in her final set-up for the site.

(This is our first foray with using the aircard and it is sweet! Don't think this thing is going to get returned after the 30 day trial period thank you very much!)

We'll be uploading pictures tomorrow sometime after we get them taken here on Bella's new home turf and with her set up in all of her "glory!"

Glad you approve of the name Tammy. We figure there is a nice "Ying and Yang" thing going on with the truck being Bruto (Ugly) and the Monty being "Bella" (Beauty).

Sharon - "Expert Novice" is a bit more apt a description of where I am with regard to parking Bella! That being said, the guidelines provided in setting up for parking are pretty simple (read, I can actually remember them)...presuming you are parking in a site on the left side of the road, you pull the rig over to the left side of the road as close to the edge of the road as possible (even onto the none paved part if the site and/or road is narrow); when your knees to hips are even with the far edge of the entrance to your site turn right and go as far as you can across the road and then turn left (you are moving slowly forward at the same time) until the 5th wheel and the truck resemble a "soft "s"" (or boomarang) with the axle of the 5th wheel just past the far side of the entrance (where you turned the truck to the right to go across the road). THEN you work on "dancing" with your trailer (the instructor's words) by turn the wheel of the truck as far to the right as possible and the going slowly in reverse and correcting slowly as needed by turning the wheel left or right (what they describe as pushing/following or pulling). Its easy once you figure it out and do it about 2000 times, but I figure I CAN do it if/as needed, it just might take me an hour or two and I will serve as the in house entertainment for the campground that day! (Keeping as sense of humor is key here I would say!)

Good luck on keeping your mouth shut! Keeping your eyes shut will probably help you as well! (Don't worry, I won't tell him, but you never know about the rest of this gang! LOL) After all the adventures we've had in our lives with traveling around the world, I've finally learned that stressing really doesn't add a thing to the experience, but if you can see the humor in what's going on and laugh about it during or afterwards, then nothing is lost and much is gained.

Having experienced friends/family is wonderful so I am glad you all have Kevin to help out. Oh, don't forget my other mantra "Breath in, breath out." it works wonders! :-)

Enjoy yourselves at the wine festival and have a glass for us please!

Well, Mom and Dad just called and are on their way home with Mom's cousin and her husband for coffee and to see Bella "in situ" so I guess I better sign off for now.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote