View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Keith,
175 is a pretty good guess, that is my summer weight. In the winter, I balloon up to about 180 or so!! I am fortunate to be wiry enough that I could twist into the basement in such a manner as to actually maintain a sitting profile while I did the work. The hardest part was manhandling the Autoformer into position (I think it weighs around 50-60 pounds). I would venture to guess that at 250 pounds and considering the tight basement, if you are looking to install an Autoformer, there would probably be an easier place to put it. I chose this location because of the proximity to the EMS and the auto-transfer switch to minimize the wiring run. A little extra wire and you could select other locations. Keep in mind that the only real use for the Autoformer is if you happen to frequent older parks that have low voltage problems. This is also a problem at some of the larger parks we have stayed at in Myrtle. The EMS will still shut the power down to the rig if it is not in the allowable range of the EMS, the Autoformer allows us to expand that range about 10% lower than normal without affecting power to the rig. Our primary purpose is in the event the furry creatures are in the rig on a sweltering day, and we are elsewhere (Because of this feature, we do not have to report ourselves to the ASPCA........) One of these days I will figure out the auto-start on our generator which can be programmed to start the generator when it senses a power outage and allows the AC to run, then shuts the generator down when shore power returns. That is another one of this summer's projects.
Bingo
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote