View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
As a Texan born and raised, I would like to thank all of you for your compliments to our little state. One thing is nice about our state is that you can have the mountains, plains, desert, lakes, rivers, cities and little towns all in one package. We have four seasons up in the panhandle and two seasons in the Rio Grande Valley.

When I visit other places I find myself friendly with everyone. I was walking with a fellow camper in the RV park we are in now, she said I am to trusting. I asked what she meant, and she told me that I share to much information. I think that is just being a Texan. I didn't give her my bank account numbers, nor address etc., just that I had kids etc. Guess I will be a forever Texan that talks to my fellow RVer.

For those that escape from up North you can find other places besides the RGV to stay warm. It was 76F yesterday near Texas City today. This is a great area to escape, and you are minutes from the Gulf. Surfside is a beautiful area with a RV park a block from the beach. Traffic here in Bacliff is less than we expierenced in Harlingen. Things are close by, with Walmart, Target, HEB, Kroger etc all near.

Ozz, again thanks for the kind words for our state, glad you have enjoyed it.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote