View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Jewels: I did an update topic which talks about my MPG. It's nowhere near your 250s highway numbers. The big difference in the F450 and F350 are in the turning radius numbers, the F450 wheels are out further, thus better turning. The max tow of F450 is slightly higher than similar F350 but payloads nealy identical, mine was ordered max tow option . But the two trucks are not all that different. Its worth noting, here in CA, both our trucks surpass the CHP weight requirements for non commercial trucks. I don't display the CA #s, or permit, but was forced to get them. I got pulled over (first week i owned truck) near Cottonwood CA for not stopping at nearby weigh station. $2800.00 in attorney fees, four meetings with CHP in Sacramento later, I lost my appeal. Our trucks (F350/F450) technically are "not pickups" by at least CA, regulations. Sign's clearly say no "pickups" at each weigh station. Exception is during towing your "personal" RV. If not towing, I have to stop and technically so do you, however F350s are often ignored by CHP. Each time I stop I get waved pass. This is because manufacturers are building bigger triucks, but DMV in CA, is using old weight charts. Same argument inre insurance. The "only" insurance company who would write a "personal use policy" was Geico. The others would not touch the F450, and it was a $2500.00 a year premimun difference! My wife wanted and suggested we replace emblems on truck! Lol. Not bad idea....FYI the CHP officers agreed with me "off the record" but we're bound by old unupdated regulations.... (AAA also has a No F450 towing policy) that argument I won with last F450! Glad I don't work, could not have found time to fight these battles....
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote