View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 02:04 AM   #3
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

Our dealers (3rd Montana) had checked out all of the systems and we found very few issues. If your dealer balks at doing a thorough PDI, and/or when you do your PDI you find basic items wrong, do not sign the paperwork. With some dealers, once they have your money you have lost your leverage. Take your time, you are spending a lot of money. Make sure you check fit/finish inside, all of the major systems and how everything works. Pay special attention to HVAC, as that seems to be a "hot" topic right now. Also, make sure that all tanks are filled and then emptied. Find all three dump valves. Many times the galley valve gets missed. Also, if you are going to be winterizing, a thorough review of the convenience center is important. Take a cd, DVD and memory stick with you (cd and memory stick with music. Have them show you how to switch between DVD, network TV, Sat TV, Cable TV and music. Take along a flashlight, a square screwdriver, an infrared thermometer, tire pressure gage and a notebook. Write one section for the how to' sand another for the "needs fixing". Good luck and enjoy your new home on wheels.
All good advice from Ron. I might add, take a different perspective to look at things. Don't just walk the coach. Lay on the bed and couch and look around from there. Sit in a chair for a bit. Get up on the roof and check sealant at the seams(I found one not sealed on ours). It's quite enlightening what a different view brings. I will double down on what Ron said; Do not sign even one piece of paperwork until you are satisfied with the condition of the coach. Once you have signed, all dealer personnel scatter like cockroaches in a lit room!
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote