Thread: Rear Cap
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 AM   #13
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
What all this does is add confusion. I actually wrote to the CEO of Keystone and told him what a blunder I felt this was. I mentioned to him that I had been to the well-attended Ft. Myers RV show last winter, and all they had there were Montana's, all with flat backs. Same thing at the Camping World near where we live, they had 6 models, all with flat backs. This is now what the public sees. For those discerning RV'ers comparing more upscale models with moulded rear caps, the quick comparison may leave Montana out of the running. Seeing is believing and unless you have the opportunity to speak with an informed salesperson or rep, you'll move on. The sales guy I was talking to at the FM show, had no clue, didn't even know there was a Legacy option. Brilliant. The CEO actually did write back and thank me for my opinion and would send my letter on to the marketing department. I doubt if there'll be any impact. Remember, just because you work in marketing, doesn't mean you actually know what you're doing. I know unbundling standard items can get you some quick dollars, but name brand loyalty and recognition for something like the Montana is very strong, you just don't mess with it.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote