View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
A couple of things I found out you should also consider. I had roadside assistance as a part of my motorcycle insurance years ago. Had an issue in rural OK and they told me no one was available in that area. I called a local person and they told me they were a part of that system and fixed my issue and charged them. Didn't give me much confidence, but they were cheap being a part of my insurance. When we bought our first Monty we had AAA and had had it for years, called their office and they told me if I had their best RV plan I'd be fine. Just to check, I called their help number and ask them what would happen if my truck broke down. They said because of our length they would tow the truck and leave the rig by the side of the road (turns out AAA is different in every state but that's how mine would handle it) We ended up with Coach Net. 8 years of fulltiming and they've been well worth the money. Had a flat on our car at a Wildlife Refuge along the Colorado river that GPS didn't show. The help was late, but they called us to let us know they were held up by road construction and not lost. Several years later we had a tire blow and take out the one behind it on I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix. The first question they ask is are you safe and I said no. 15 minutes later we had two cops and after another 15 we had the tire guy with two new tires. They have also made a reservation for me with a mobile repair service and got me in the next day when their office said it would be 4 days. So for us, it's Coach-net.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote