View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #17
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
We went with a foam mattress when our original wore out. It is an 11" thick unit we purchased from Wayfair.com. Price was too good to pass up. Very comfortable although a bit long causing an over hang which caused the sheets and blankets to pull up. We solved that problem by using a ratchet strap on the bottom of the bed. Other issue is that it is tight to the shelves under the window but will go with a little force. Those problems aside, it provides us with a great night's sleep and has a cooling layer of foam on the top which actually works. I am 230 lbs and it supports me very well. It comes rolled up so it is easy to get into the bedroom but a word of caution. Be sure it is facing the correct way when you unwrap it. Label says it takes a day to expand but I am here to tell you when you cut that wrap, it opens like a Jack in the Box. I had it facing the wrong way and it took two men and a woman to get it turned around. I am sure you can purchase a slightly thinner mattress which will be easier to get the sheets on but in general I am happy with the foam. I have a Sleep Comfort unit in my home and love it, but this seems to provide me with a better overall sleep. Sorry, I cannot remember the name but it had something to do with a Hawaiian reference.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote