View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
STIHLNTIME ... growing up in a rural area, I'll mostly side with you. I know what happens in the agricultural world day in and out. Agricultural related road use spills out onto many roadways daily seldom with issue and will do so till the cows come home as long as this is the US of A. On a parallel note ... if we really knew what shape several OTR trucks and trailers were in, we'd likely not get on the highway.
Mentally sparring with some on the MOC about weight will get you nowhere as many of the responders are full timers who only see one number "the max weight" capable of any truck / trailer combination. They refuse to let the reality that many do not ever come close to "max weight" enter in to any weight discussion thus allowing a lighter truck combination. They also seemingly refuse to acknowledge that many only use their RV 3-4 weeks (if that) a year ... have a pull destination of less than 60 miles and have done so without issue conforming to a sticker number or not. Why these examples buy such a large RV ... I have no answer. I'm not belittling full timers as I know a couple on the MOC ... reality just has to be pointed out from time to time that 5 different people with the same model of RV most likely will load it up 5 different ways, use it 5 different ways, and have 5 very different total miles per year on the road. I'm not talking per spec ... I'm talking actuality. Now ... where's my popcorn ...
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote