View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #12
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
TLightning, I understand your concern, after conferring with the local Ford dealership, the rating of the F250 in my configuration is actually 14,700 lbs, I will certainly scale less than that. I understand that bagging it will no increase the land rating but offer a better ride and stability. Having farmed successfully for over 40+ years and being part of a family that has carried on this tradition for over a century and a half I can assure you I understand safety on our public roads. You will find in rural areas that moving overweight loads of equipment, hay, cattle are everyday common occurrences. We do it with a flagger using rural roads at slow speeds, in an area where people are used to seeing it everyday. No one is attempting to endanger anyone, and I am sorry you took it that way. What concerns me more is meeting someone in a 5th wheel or travel trailer moving 65mph or faster on the interstate that may get two weeks a year behind the wheel pulling this type of load. I can assure you that the inexpierenced driver pulling this type of load is a more serious safety threat to you than the guy who is hooked up to some type of trailer three or four days a week and is concerned about stopping distance, checking lug nuts and lights for good working order every time he hooks a trailer up. Again sorry that you were offended, I personally believe everyone pulling a trailer on the highway should pass a test very similar to a commercial CDL. I am good friends with a individual in the RV business, a leading national chain, when I asked him if they screen the vehicle that the potential buyer will be using to pull his potential purchase the answer was they don't care as long as it will pull it out the gate. There should be federal regulations prohibiting this, they should not be allowed to hook a trailer to a vehicle that exceeds its weight rating. OP sorry this hijacked your thread, that was not the intent.
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote