View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #12
kenneth e holman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18819
I had the mor-ryde 4100 from the factory also. I don't think you would save anything on account Keystone does not install IS systems. Mor-Ryde is the only manufacture to install them. I noticed several DRV's on the Mor-Ryde lot there for the IS system and asked the service manager if it was cheaper to have them installed before buying them and he said no. The reason was the manufacturer has to send them to Mor-Ryde with the springs,axles etc already installed. Mor-Ryde then cuts everything out from under the rv so as to install the IS.The manufacture can not reuse the suspension and axles on another unit after they have been used.This is a perfectly wasted suspension and i thought about taking my axles and springs home with me but there was just no room to haul them. The only thing i brought home was the wet bolts and that is what failed and caused me to have the IS done in the first place. So when DRV says there units come with the IS as factory equipment, you still paid for the previous suspension that it took to get the unit to Mor-Ryde. I don't know if Mor-Ryde has some buyer for the suspensions or sells the metal for scrap.Probably scrap.
kenneth e holman is offline   Reply With Quote