View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have the A & E toppers installed by Camping World. The one over the large slide droops in in the middle and when it rains I have to get on top and push the water off, otherwise when it winds up it jams the cover and I have to open the slides and start again. Having said this, I would do it again as I have had no problems with leaking slides or anything getting stuck when they roll up. On the negative side, they do make quite a racket when the winds blow just right. I carry a large nylon tow strap and some bungees to hold down the large one when it is real windy. Only had to use it a couple of times. We have had them since day one in '07 when we started travelling and they appear to be in good shape. Having seen the Carefree ones, I think I would go with them on another trailer. Seem better built. Who knows???? When the fabric goes, I will replace the fabric with new......Can't remember the prices but they are in the CW catalog. I would only suggest you get the ones with the metal covers that cover them up when rolled up...... Hope this helps.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote