View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
Still_waters
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1030
Hydraulics failure

While camping this weekend we had a major hydraulics failure of the bedroom slide. As we were breaking camp Sunday morning the first indication of trouble was that the bedroom slide (2955RL) would not retrack. I noticed that the hydraulic reservoir appeared low on fluid so assuming that this may be the problem added about a quart. Still no slide movement At about this time noticed fluid leaking down the left landing gear. Raising the bed and removing the plywood panel discoved the carpet soak in hydraulic fluid!! The seal for the push rod had failed. So now friends and I were trying to figure out how to retrack the slide manually. After pouring over all my instruction manuals discovered I really didn't have a manual on the hydraulic slide. Only a manual on an electric slide!! Could not find any instructions on how to retract the slide manually. So after relieving the hydraulic pressure my two friends and I was able to physically push the slide in so that I could get home. Have made an appointment with the dealer for repairs including replacement of the bedroom carpet. I am wondering if anyone has had experience retracting these slides manually? If so please share.
Thanks
Still_waters is offline   Reply With Quote