View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Lots of factors will impact this. I have no problem keeping my batteries (2 group 31 12vdc agm) charged while towing. My samsung 18 cuft draws only up to 240 watts that I have noticed before I start my tow. I have been towing in some very hot weather this summer so far with the monte getting very hot inside during the tow. Since I installed my fridge and inverter, I know exactly what is on the same circuit as the fridge...a total of 5 outlets, of which only the fridge is live. Other outlets are unplugged while running off inverter. I would tell you to hook up the tow vehicle to the monte with inverter on for fridge and no shore power and look at the inverter display to see how the battery input voltage is reacting to the truck supplying charge as well as taking note of how many watts your fridge is pulling from the inverter. The dc power to the inverter should remain fairly steady. Hope this gives you some insight.