View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I think what really upsets me about all of this is that they have an access panel for the tub, the top of the shower, not sure why, the one for the hot water heater, another one in the kitchen for the connections for the kitchen sink etc. There is absolutely no way we could get to the area behind the furnace without tearing up our Montana.

It looks like the problem with the pipe is because of something during the building of the Montana. This wasn't a wearing problem, nor a loose fitting. This was a nick in the pipe that was weakened by the water pressure in the pipe. We now have a hole in the pantry, insulation pulled from the under belly to try to get to the problem while trying to find the leak. A hole in the the membrane before the insulation that was pulled out. Soaked floor boarding that is swelled. We have called the mobile RV company, hopefully we will get a call tomorrow. Not sure how long this thing has leaked, as the pressed board is swelled in the basement. One thing I do know about is the sound of the hissing sound of a pin hole in a pipe. We had several in our 40 year old home. Sure didn't expect it in our two year old Monty.

Bob says he can now tell you where all of the pipes are in the 3400RL. The ones that you CAN'T get to unless you cut through the wall are the ones behind the furnace. By the way you have two walls to cut through to get to the pipes behind the furnace. There isn't any insulation between those walls. Still not a happy camper tonight as I am getting water from the bath house to do dishes. He said he would turn the water back on, but we have enough moisture in the flooring now. Hate using a bath house, but guess I need to put the flip flops on and go take a shower in the campground showers.

So if you have a leak near the furnace, don't pull the belly, your problem could be behind the furnace or in your convience panel. That is another problem that Montana should address. Trying to pull that panel could result in taking out your black and grey water handles. I must say hubby kept his cool today even though he was hitting a wall every time he tried to get close to the problem. When I went to the Montana website they posted that they do not print/put on their website the schematics (sic) of their product. Sure would have been nice to have something that would give you a clue where to start to fix your problem.

Sorry to vent so long, but this has been a really long day, and I still have to put on flip flops and go take my shower.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote