View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 AM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
The States scale's are for Commerical Trucks, that means if your being paid to move cargo from point A to B then you must stop at the weigh stations. The State Commerical Truck enforcement (Diesel Bears) officals have a really hard time just keeping the Over the Road drivers in line. I'm also a retired Truck driver and have a CDL commerical license and have run threw the lower 48 and parts of Canada and never had a problem. My advice is for RV's is stay out of the Weigh stations unless you are directed by Law enforcement to go there. Believe me the Truck Drivers don't like to see RV's in line at the Weight stations, I know some Weigh stations can be by-passed if the entrance's are full, some aren't. I do believe the more we talk about it before long someone will see how much money can be made by going after the RV'ers. I can assure you that is something you don't want, the cost alone just to carry a CDL is very expensive. Each State is different as for as the Laws, and I know someone has had a different experience. Most Law enforcement doesn't have time to worry about RV's. Due to the high Fuel prices you will be seeing less RVs on the road. Just wait and see what happens when the Fuel prices get to to $4.00 a gallon??? Good Luck..... Be Safe and don't feed the Bears........ GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote