View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I can only post about two states in the lower USA. In California, acording to a CHIPS supervisor(a friend) you do not have to stop at any weight stations, and would only be stopped if you seemed to be a risk to the safety of others on the road. He owns a RV and pulls it with seadoos behind his fifth wheel. His RV is just a little longer than our LB Chev Silverado with our 3400 Montana.

Talking to a friend at TX DOT all private 5th wheels do not have to go to any weight stations in Texas. We discussed the weight problem, she owns a 5th wheel, she said let me know what you weigh when you get your figures.

Both of the above stated that if you seemed to be a risk to anyone on the road that you could be stopped and a tow truck would be called to remove you from the roads if you were a danager to anyone. The cost of towing you would be at your expense.

When we were camped for the 4th of July we saw a guy driving a Diesel pusher about 35' long with a Tahoe and then a boat behind him. It looked like a train pulling into the campground. I don't know how could feel safe pulling all of that behind him.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote