View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
With experience you soon learn what is needed vs what is wanted.
Your preferred style of camping/traveling dictates that.

Personally, I don't need or want an EMS or Battery monitor.
I own much more accurate fluke multi meters with decades of
every single day experience using them. I need a good battery bank and inverter but have no need or desire for solar. Because of where and how we camp, an inverter style generator is a much better option for us. We have absolutely no desire for Satellite TV but do need Bikes, racks and inflatable Kayaks....

Its different for everyone and totally dependent on your experience and preferred camping/traveling style. Fulltimers, long term travelers and weekend warriors all need/want different things.
I agree, you can check any power supply before you hook into it. But that only works for the few seconds you are testing it. While you are plugged in any power issue could rear its ugly head at any time and destroy any and all electronic items in your camper.

The EMS is protecting you every second of every hour.!!!! WELL worth the cost and effort to install.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote